Brian Milligan Associates are a leading occupational hygiene consultancy based in the North West of England. We offer high quality, cost-effective advice, and workplace environmental monitoring for discerning clients across a wide range of industrial concerns in the UK. Established since 1991, we are HSE OSHCR accredited, and Brian is a chartered fellow of the faculty of occupational hygienists.
We are experienced in air quality testing and exposure monitoring, workplace noise exposure, COSHH Assessment, LEV testing and stack sampling.
By engaging our skills and highly qualified expertise, you can minimise or eliminate risks to health in the workplace, comply with health and safety legislation, reassure employees, and satisfy your insurers.
A free introductory visit (within a reasonable distance limit) will be followed up with an itemised quotation, based on our on-site discussions. A lead time of a week or two is normal, and reports will normally be issued within three weeks of the site survey. Invoices are issued at the same time as the report with payment terms 30 days.
Under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002, employers must assess risks to employees and others who may be affected by toxic or harmful substances, either used in, or generated by, industrial and workshop processes. We will:
• Identify hazards
• Measure exposure
• Assess risks
• Recommend control measures
Air Quality Monitoring
Air sampling by personal monitoring techniques is a widespread requirement for determining exposure to airborne contaminants such as welding fumes, wood dust, flour dust, solvents, and silica dust. Background testing to determine ambient levels of such pollutants is also required to assess risks to visitors and other workers, and to determine any need for extra ventilation. We will:
• Monitor personal exposure
• Monitor background levels
• Compare exposure with HSE Workplace Exposure Limits.
• Assess risk to health
• Recommend control measures.
The Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 prescribe measures to protect workers from the effects of noise exposure. To help employers comply with their duties under this legislation, we will:
• Identify significant noise sources in the workplace
• Monitor personal exposure by using high-tech monitoring solutions
• Provide charts of personal noise exposure
• Measure ambient noise levels at selected locations
• Compare personal exposure with daily action limits
• Specify correct level of hearing protection
• Recommend other technical or administrative controls.
Local Exhaust Ventilation Testing
LEV systems used to control hazardous dust or fumes in the workplace must be thoroughly tested and examined at least every 14 months in line with COSHH Regulation 9 and HSE Guidance Note HSG 258. We will:
• Measure performance parameter such as pressures and air velocity at critical point in the system
• Assess effectiveness by smoke tubes testing
• Examine physical integrity & appropriateness of the various components - hoods, booths, fans etc.
• Provide a full report including system diagram, all measurement data & recommendations for improved control.
• Automatic reminder when tests are due
Environmental Noise Monitoring
Industrial and Commercial enterprises can cause noise nuisance to nearby domestic properties, resulting in Local Authority action and bad community relations. Sometimes the degree of nuisance is more imagined than real, and precise measurements using a standard protocol must be used to clarify the extent to which complaints may be justified. Using the method prescribed in BS 4142, we will:
• Agree a monitoring plan (times. locations, process conditions etc.)
• Undertake source level monitoring
• Undertake background level monitoring
• Calculate excess of source level above background according to prescribed protocols
• Assess the likelihood of complaints
Polluting processes which require a Local Authority permit to discharge certain substances to atmosphere require regular monitoring, according to the terms of their permit. We will:
• Determine particulate matter by BS ISO 9096
• Determine volatile organic compounds by BS EN 13649
• Determine other gases by suitable prescribed methods
• Provide a full report containing methodology, raw data, relevant emission limits and results.
|Monday||- 09:00 to 17:00|
|Tuesday||- 09:00 to 17:00|
|Wednesday||- 09:00 to 17:00|
|Thursday||- 09:00 to 17:00|
|Friday||- 09:00 to 17:00|
Tel: 0161 792 2269
Be the first to leave a review!